BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I've been using EG running custom tasks in Add-In. Sometimes I was running a task, it stopped in the middle and an error dialog jumped in the left upper corner. I had no idea what it is so that I just uninstalled EG and installed it again. Then the problem disappeared and the task was running again. However the exactly same problem will happen a couple of days(or shorter) later, which means I have to reinstall EG again. The detailed of the massage is:

------------------------------ Technical Information Follows ------------------------------

[SAS.Interop.SAS]

QueryInterface for interface SAS.IFileInfo failed.

----------------------------------------------------

at SAS.FilerefClass.get_PhysicalName()
at SAS.EG.JobManagement.Results.WorkspaceDownloadHelper.DownloadResult(String serverName, IFileService fileService, Fileref iFileRef, StringCollection filesLeftToDownload, ArrayList results, Boolean autoGenerated)
at SAS.EG.JobManagement.Results.WorkspaceDownloadHelper.Download(String serverName, StringCollection knownFileReferenceNames, StringCollection serverFilePaths, IFileService fileService, ArrayList results, Boolean downloadUserDefinedResults)
at SAS.EG.JobManagement.WorkspaceJob.DownloadResults(WorkspaceSession session)
at SAS.EG.JobManagement.WorkspaceJob.OnExecuting(EventArgs e)
at SAS.EG.JobManagement.Job.Execute()
at SAS.EG.JobManagement.Job.HandleJobUnblocked(Object state, Boolean timedOut)System.InvalidCastException

QueryInterface for interface SAS.IFileInfo failed.

------------------------------ End of Technical Information ------------------------------

Anyone has any idea? Thanks a lot!!
2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Winnie,

This is the result of some overzealous anti-spyware. See:

http://support.sas.com/techsup/unotes/SN/013/013349.html

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Chris,

Thanks so much! I used the alternative method and excluded the Comet Cursors in my Spybot. Then I ran Spypot again and everything in EG is working fine now. Thanks!

Winnie

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation