BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lovedieer
Calcite | Level 5

I used to use the below code to connect to one of our ACCESS database at sharedrive.

libname LOC access "\\...share\data\database.accdb";

however, we recently updated the SAS EG, and my code do not work any more, and it gave me below error message:

ERROR: Connect: Class not registered
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

same error message also happened to my proc export/ import procedure. i have to using import/export wizard to import or export my thousands external files weekly. But i still can use the libname statement to assign a permanent library on my share drive.

I used proc setinit to check our SAS module,  and we do have the SAS/ACCESS interface to PC Files module. our IT has no idea what happened. your response will be appreciated. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

You likely upgraded to a version of SAS that is 64bit and your office is 32 bit.

See if you have PC file server installed. If so, start it up and use one of the following:

libname LOC pcfiles path= "\\...share\data\database.accdb";

libname LOC accessCS "\\...share\data\database.accdb";
Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

Darn 64bit? we had the same issue before, so give a try to see if it fits yours.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

An alternative solution to using the PC File Server to deal with the bitness problem is to install the 64-bit Microsoft ACE Database drivers as long as your SAS Server is Windows-based. These are available as a download from Microsoft.

lovedieer
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you all for the solution. I will contact IT department to check the suggestion. we are not allowed to change anything on computer, even minor as adobe reader updating. Thank you all.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation