BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jessica_hale
Calcite | Level 5

A co-worker receives the error message "XmlNode: ActionOnError is not a valid XML node for this version of Enterprise Guide" when they open up a SAS EG project I have made. It is still opening the project and it does not appear to be causing any issues, but I wanted to double check if anyone else has experienced this issue and if there is a fix for it. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

It sounds like you and your co-worker are using different EG 7.x versions.  ActionOnError refers to a feature that was added in EG 7.13, so I suspect you are using EG 7.13 or later and your co-worker is using 7.12, 7.11, or 7.1.  It should be ok to ignore the error.  However, if you regularly share projects, it is a good idea to be running the same version of EG.  So, I suggest checking your EG versions (in Help->About) and upgrade whichever is behind, so you are both running the same version.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

It sounds like you and your co-worker are using different EG 7.x versions.  ActionOnError refers to a feature that was added in EG 7.13, so I suspect you are using EG 7.13 or later and your co-worker is using 7.12, 7.11, or 7.1.  It should be ok to ignore the error.  However, if you regularly share projects, it is a good idea to be running the same version of EG.  So, I suggest checking your EG versions (in Help->About) and upgrade whichever is behind, so you are both running the same version.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation