BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Does anyone have a whitepaper/notes/docs on how to improve Enterprise Guide performance (response time)?
5 REPLIES 5
deleted_user
Not applicable
You're going to have to define what is meant by response time.
deleted_user
Not applicable
I agree with NWM. Are you referring to start up time, task open time, network issues, query performance/optimization, etc.? 🙂
abing
Calcite | Level 5
We have seen a response time issue, too. When we do a Server List, v4.1 is very slow bringing up the library list whether the libraries are on our server or are our mainframe DB2 libraries and then it is slow opening the libraries when you click on them. However, we do not have this lag with v3. I have had a ticket with Tech Support, but they could never resolve anything. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
deleted_user
Not applicable
We had a similar problem with drilling down on SPDS libraries. Fine in EG 3 but took 2-3 minutes in EG 4. We were sent a patched DLL which fixed the problem and told it would be included in a subsequent hot fix. I'm afraid I've not got the Track number to hand, but if you ask SAS support to search for UK tracks from David Sansom at Royal Bank of Scotland, I'm sure they'll be able to find it.

Hope that helps.
abing
Calcite | Level 5
David,

Thanks for the tip. We got the EG V4 fix and it seems to be working better for us now. Tech Support told me they had rolled parts of the patched dll you had into the fix. Thank you for giving me a direction to look in.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation