BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Andrea_Perlini
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everybody, this is my first post here so..please be patient! I hope to be as much clear as possibile.

I'm a consultant and since a couple of months I'm working for a new customer. Their SAS Enterprise Guide (version 7.1 (7.100.0.1966) (32-bit)) has a problem: when I try to open it (or when everyone tries to open it on their computer) a pop-up appears, asking for the JRE Location, like as shown in this post.

Fact is, the solution of pointing at the jre directory instead of the jre\bin is not working, since Guide keeps asking me for the directory. If I click on "Cancel", the following message appears:

JVM.png

...and after a few seconds, the first message keeps popping-up, asking for the JRE Location. The weird thing is that, if I keep clicking on "Cancel", then Guide will work..but I have to do it 20 or 30 times, clearly losing a lot of time (and that obviously cannot be a valid solution).

I don't know if this could help, but the company has an automated "update system" regarding the rest of the software, I don't know if installing Java may have corrupted in some way the SAS Private JRE..

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance,

Andrea

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

It looks like this might be an interaction with SAS Studio -- are you trying to use the SAS Studio tasks within EG?

If you don't need access to those tasks, you might try disabling these in Tools->Options: Tasks.  Clear this checkbox:

2019-05-08_12-44-41.jpg

SAS Hackathon registration is open! Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

It looks like this might be an interaction with SAS Studio -- are you trying to use the SAS Studio tasks within EG?

If you don't need access to those tasks, you might try disabling these in Tools->Options: Tasks.  Clear this checkbox:

2019-05-08_12-44-41.jpg

SAS Hackathon registration is open! Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world.
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

I agree with Chris, the easiest workaround would probably be to uncheck the "Display SAS Studio tasks" option.  The other option would be to try to get your SAS Studio instance working (ex. try starting and running SAS Studio outside of EG first).

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

Andrea_Perlini
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Chris, that seems to be the perfect solution! I disabled that option in EGuide (I wasn't using and I won't use SAS Studio tasks within EG) and it's working on all the computers. It's the first time that I have SAS Studio installed so I wasn't aware of that option.

Thank you again for your quick answer!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation