BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AniaB
Calcite | Level 5

I've been having an issue with SAS Enterprise Guide where it's abruptly disconnecting from its default workspace - this has happened multiple times within a single session of a project I am working on. I can locate the original workspace and alll of the files that have been created there still exist, but EG is creating new default workspace in this same session that does not contain these file. So I can still access the files I need by mapping a new libname to them, but this is getting frustrating since it has happened four times now, so I am having to go to four different locations to link to the files I need. has anyone experienced this problem and/or does anyone know of a solution to this?

Thanks in advance for any input.

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

A good place to start with this type of problem are the SAS workspace server logs. Do you have access to the workspace server folders (ideally) or does your SAS site have a SAS administrator who has access to check these out? There may well be messages in these logs that could help you find out what the problem is.

One possible cause for this is the network traffic rules for your workspace server are not set to appropriate values, for example they time-out too quickly to allow longer jobs to complete.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You say you find the original workspace. Do you only find the files/directories, or is the process still active? If the work directory is still there, but the process is gone, then it is very likely you had an abnormal termination of the workspace server, because on any "regular" termination the work directory is deleted.

PS network timeouts are a very likely culprit for what you describe.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

You did not mention the Eguide version.as of 5.1 and up you can run nodes in parallel.

This is a setting at the project level and at the node level.

What will happen is that every node will start a new session and nothing is given back to the Eguide sas session.

This is documented behavior found in the online help of Eguide. At papers or support docs this is not found (yet).

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation