BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jovic92
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi everyone,

I need to setup my SAS Enterprise Guide on local and I have facing some issues. 

When I created a profile for connection, and while I was trying to set it active, a got the error:

problem2.PNG

I have a port (automatically specified) and then I put that port in proxy list for metadata server, all that following instructions. 

Now I have no idea what to do, I can't create any Project, until this is solved. 

I can post a screenshot of profile specifications If it's necessary.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
jovic92
Obsidian | Level 7

I have tried, but I got this:

server.PNG

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

So you don't have SAS installed on your PC, so you either

• need to install the necessary SAS Foundation software on your PC
  • or get the server's network name from your SAS admin and use that in a connection profile

depending on the scope of your SAS license and installation.

Enterprise Guide on it's own isn't good for anything.

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Just to expand a bit on @Kurt_Bremser's answer.

Will you be using Base SAS installed on your PC or SAS installed on the server ? Let's start there....

jovic92
Obsidian | Level 7

I have esdclient file and that download me a SAS Software Depot. Anyway, if I do standalone install for EG or install all products at once, I got that problem. 

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If you have a software depot for a client/server (two-tier) installation, the "complete" install of the client will only install the client part (no SASFoundation), and you (or someone else) will have to do the installation of the server part.

esdclient is just the download manager, the important part is the structure of your software order.

You can determine that from the Site information in the mail you got from SAS.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation