BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
NormaO
Calcite | Level 5

Good Afternoon! 

Hoping to get some assistance. We have a series of SAS EG Query Builder reports that point to a SAS Libary. We are working to test data that is in a second library on that same server. However, it has a different name. Haven't been able to find a way to easily change the library being referenced within Query Builder. Will need to do this with several reports and hoping someone might have encountered something similar.

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

I don't use EG much but I think you are looking for a PROMPT that uses the Data Library type prompt. The prompt can be set to have a default (likely the one you use most) but could be selected to use other libraries in the set up.

I'm not sure how much work is going to be involved in modifying all the queries to use the Prompt value instead of the current library though.

AlanC
Barite | Level 11

A suggestion is to rename the file (normally .egp) to a .zip. Unzip the files and then use a competent text editor (like UltraEdit) to do a search and replace. Rezip, rename. See if that works.

https://github.com/savian-net

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation