BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ep12
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have been unable to generate a graph due to the error appearing in my log after a proc sgplot:

proc sgplot data=x;
histogram y / scale=percent;
run;

ERROR: Unable to attach current thread.
ERROR: Unable to load the Java Virtual Machine. Please see the installation instructions or system administrator.

I have Sas 9.4 64 bits, running on Windows 10 64 bit PC. My Java is version 8, but wasn't it already included in 9.4? 

How do I resolve this problem?

Thank you for the help!

7 REPLIES 7
Damo
SAS Employee

Hi ep12,

The issue might be resolved by now but for such problem, you may want to contact your local SAS Technical Support.
said that, an easy workaround might be to change the device you're using.

From Tools => Options => Graph, you can change the Graph Format.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Damo

ep121
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

The problem is still ongoing, and there is no graph selection in tools--options (see attached a print screen). And so far in 1 month with the technical support, no improvement have been made....

tootls.png
ep121
Calcite | Level 5

I also looked at my sasv9.cfg file as indicated in the note:

http://support.sas.com/kb/59/441.html

everything is written as described, the codes are matching between my file and the corrected file in that note.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Are you running Windows 10 Creators Update by any chance? That was the latest upgrade that MS rolled out in April 2017. There are reports of Java-related SAS problems with this update in other posts. 

ep121
Calcite | Level 5

Yes, effectively I have the creators update installed. Thanks for the info, I will be looking in these other posts.

qinz
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I meet the same problem. Do you know how to solve it? Thanks 

Damo
SAS Employee

Hi @qinz

The issue is discussed with Problem Note 60323 (Java errors due to the Windows 10 Creators Update might occur when you invoke SAS®).

All available details are listed there.

Cheers,
Damo

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation