BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
The issue I have is that in EGv3 I can't find a way to transfer an XLS file generated on UNIX, across on to the Windows network (eg C:\temp\) as part of the project (in User Written code).

Currently I'm having to generate SAS datasets in EG, and then using the "right-click ==> Save As" feature to transfer to the Network (C:\temp\) as XLS files. This is laborious and not at all automated.

So my question is:
Can EG transfer files (eg XLS) generated on UNIX across to a Network location automatically as part of a Project ???
2 REPLIES 2
prholland
Fluorite | Level 6
To transfer the XLS file in EG as part of a Project, i.e. using SAS code (e.g. using an X statement) independent of EG, the answer to one of the questions below must be Yes:
(1) Does your UNIX box have direct write access to your Windows network location?
(2) Does your Local SAS installation have direct read access to where the file is located on the UNIX box?

If the answer to both questions is No, then you're going to have to continue with your current manual method.

Sorry.......Phil
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Have you looked at the Export As a Step feature in EG 4.1? This allows you to automate data transfer operations such as this within your project.

It's not using a SAS program behind the scenes. If you have that requirement, you might need to look at the FILENAME FTP method.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation