BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Tillmann had a question on replace values and said he was evaluating it for teaching. It prompted me to post.

I've been using EG in teaching for the last 3-4 years. It gets better for the students with each version. A couple of comments:

1) "The little SAS book for Enterprise Guide 4.1" is an excellent student text.
2) If you are teaching in-house or in a degree-granting program, the SAS Academic Program has some nice resources.

Doc Muhlbaier
Duke
3 REPLIES 3
deleted_user
Not applicable
1) "The little SAS book for Enterprise Guide 4.1" is an excellent student text.

There should be a pdf copy of a user manual, like you get with JMP and almost everything else, so you don't have to go off and buy a book.
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Although I agree in concept with the "free" PDF, the book is part of the BBU serices and doing so would deny the authors of their royalties. Slaughter & Delwiche have done an excellent job and deserve their royalties.

Under the SAS Academic Program, SAS will provide pdf's of the course notes and a PowerPoint slide set, as well as a substantial price discount on the notes. I've used all in my course at various times. Because my teaching has been done in concert with a biostatistics class, the order of presentation is vastly different from either the SAS course notes or "the little sas book" so I've not been able to rely totally on either.

Doc
LarrryHoyle
Calcite | Level 5
I've been using EG since 2002 for a class on managing research data. What I like about it is that I can encapsulate data and sample procedures in project files for the interactive part of the class and avoid all the wasted time that used to be spent on typos and navigating to folders etc.
If the topic for the day is SQL joins, for example I don't want to get bogged down in having some of the students mistype a path in a libname statement. I can set up a project that parallels the PowerPoint I'm using for the day and the students can have the example datasets right at hand.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation