BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ScottBass
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi,

I've created an EGOptions.xml file to specify some options when EG is deployed to end user's machines.  However, their project recovery path is initialized to my path, which of course fails for them.  Since end users never read the error dialog (the third paragraph), I'm inundated with emails re: this issue.

Can I use a variable in this path, such as C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\SAS\EnterpriseGuide\5.1\ProjectRecovery?  Probably not, since it doesn't work within EG itself.

Alternatively, if I hack the XML file and remove this setting, will the deployment still work, leaving the Project Recovery path to the default value for that user?  Or will it be blank?

Thanks,

Scott

Please post your question as a self-contained data step in the form of "have" (source) and "want" (desired results).
I won't contribute to your post if I can't cut-and-paste your syntactically correct code into SAS.
3 REPLIES 3
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Hi, Scott

Isn't this fun! I'm laughing with you, not at you, had similar experiences many times.

What I usually did in a situation like yours is just try out the different options with a friendly user, until you find something that works. It usually doesn't take very long, and I wouldn't be surprised if nobody knows the answer to a really specific hack like this.

Good luck!

Tom

ScottBass
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Thanks Tom.  I'm hoping someone knowledgeable (either SAS staff or end user) will chime in.  I don't have time to hack the XML, then reinstall EG with each change until I get the desired results.

I would have thought this issue would have been found and fixed during the SAS QA testing?  Surely this would should up on the first test or so???

Please post your question as a self-contained data step in the form of "have" (source) and "want" (desired results).
I won't contribute to your post if I can't cut-and-paste your syntactically correct code into SAS.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I think that if you "hack the XML" (sorry) and remove the <projectRecoveryPath> entry altogether, the option will be set automatically when the user starts EG for the first time.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation