BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BlackAdder
Calcite | Level 5
Good Day to all,

I have recently moved from EG 3 to 4.

So at the moment I am just getting a feel of the newer version and am beginning with the look of EG4.

I start with the horizontal tab group.

My ideal setup is to see the Process Flow in the top half of the screen and the results of queries in the bottom half.

To do this a horizontal tab group is needed.

When I run a query the results generated take up the whole screen.

To get a new horizontal tab group I right click on the result tab and select "horizontal tab group".

The problem is every query I perform I have to do this right clicking and it is rather annoying.

Is there any place in the setup I can make a permenant horizontal tab group? Can this change be made at the EG level so that ANY projects I open have the split screen?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

E
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
E,

No, there is not a way to set this up -- sorry.

For whatever it's worth, the document/view management is undergoing a significant redesign for a future release. The goal is to make it easier to navigate/view the content you care about, and reduce the need for complicated screen layouts.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Actually, you can do this. I went through the same problem you have and I found it quite annoying. Just play around with the different "thumb tacks" for the various windows, and you should be able to create a similar view in EG 4.1 as you had in version 3.
LAtwood
Calcite | Level 5
You can set it up like EG 3.0. If you right click next to the "Project Designer" tab (not on it) you will get three options to choose from: Dockable, Hide, and Floating. If you select Dockable you can change the size of the Project Designer screen. If you move the Project Designer screen so it is in the upper half of E.G. horizontally from now on all of your data set results will appear in the grayed out area below the Project Designer screen.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation