BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
huikeng_sas
SAS Employee
Hi,

When we use EG roles, users will have restrcited capabilities within EG based on the role. However, when they click on the Functions link at the bottom right corner, a window will pop up showing all the available functions and indicate if they are authorised to see those functions or not.

Anyone know if there is any opotion to control such that only those functions which the users can access will be shown? Or is it possible for us not to allow users to click on the Functions link at all?

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
RichardH_sas
SAS Employee
As far as I know, there's no way to change or turn off the behavior of the "functions" link... though it's always possible someone else knows better. 🙂

If you'd rather EG did something different, let us know. I can pass that along to the developers if needed. Thanks!
huikeng_sas
SAS Employee
Hi,
Thanks for your prompt reply.

In fact, this is one of the questions posted by my customers.
They feel that EG should have an option to allow them to decide if they want to list down all the functions which the user are not authorised to see...this is to enable them to handle the users' expectations, as users will tend to ask for more if they know that the capabilities are there.

Not sure if it justifies for further enhancement of EG features in the future releases.

Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation