BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Guy_sas
SAS Employee
I am currently configuring a BI server to connect to the same data I have EG connected to.

Evidently EG makes some assumptions\has some default settings when setting up a connection to data.
How can I get the connection code being used from EG?
Is there a config file it writes to?

I figure that might help me fill out all the info needed for configuration of the share server\ODBCserver and library I need to setup before I get a data connection with my BI server.

It fairly easy to connect to data using EG but using SMC to do the same is almost impossible !
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I find setting up data libraries in SAS Management Console to be fairly easy. Have you taken the Platform Administration courses or any of the BI training? I'm not sure why you are having issues with setting up an ODBC data library -- but I'm sure that Tech Support could help you figure out how to do this. As a general rule, if you have BI, I don't recommend bypassing the metadata server connection information unless you have a reason for bypassing the security that comes with the metadata on the BI Platform.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation