BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PhilC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Using this code, when I loop through objects in a process flow, I find that certain objects, specifically tasks, are skipped.  In this recent instance (I have not provided the EGP file)  the code below opened and recognized all the other objects and created a message box output ("Unsorted<--"...) relaying their name, but not so for the "Summary Tables" task.  Another version of the code outputs the code of program nodes and query builder objects, successfully; I would also like to access code connected to tasks as well. 

Because I'm not getting a "item.Name" or an "item.Type" from the task, does that mean the task is not in the process flow container?

And its hard to search for this type of question, forgive me if its repeated.

Code is run using Excel VBA; Code is based on @ChrisHemedinger 's code, published here:

Option Explicit
Dim Application ' As SASEGuide.Application

Sub EGPConvert_v8()
  Dim Project

' Change if running a different version of EG
  Dim egVersion
  egVersion = "SASEGObjectModel.Application.8.1"

Dim item
  Dim flow
  Dim Unsorted
  Dim Items_Sorted
  Dim outputFilename As String
  Dim i As Integer
  Dim EGPfile As String
  Dim programsFolder As String
  Dim objFS 'As "Scripting.FileSystemObject"
  Dim objOutFile ' As TextStream

'********************************************************
' Get...
EGPfile = Interface.Get_FileName() 'File name and path programsFolder = Interface.Get_Destination() 'Folder path '******************************************************** ' Create a new SAS Enterprise Guide automation session On Error Resume Next Set Application = CreateObject(egVersion) If Err.Number <> 0 Then MsgBox "ERROR: Need help with 'Set Application = CreateObject(egVersion)" End End If MsgBox Application.Name & ", Version: " & Application.Version & vbCrLf & "Opening project: " & EGPfile '******************************************************** ' Open the EGP file with the Application Set Project = Application.Open(EGPfile, "") If Err.Number <> 0 Then MsgBox "ERROR: Unable to open " & EGPfile & " as a project file" End End If '******************************************************** 'Open the output file MkDir programsFolder & Project.Name outputFilename = programsFolder & Project.Name & "\" & Project.Name & ".sas" 'MsgBox "saving code to " & vbCrLf & outputFilename Set objFS = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set objOutFile = objFS.CreateTextFile(outputFilename, True) '******************************************************** 'Prepare the unsorted list Set Unsorted = CreateObject("System.Collections.ArrayList") '******************************************************** ' Navigate the process flows in the Project object For Each flow In Project.ContainerCollection ' ProcessFlow is ContainerType of 0 If flow.ContainerType = 0 Then 'MsgBox "Process Flow: " & flow.Name ' Navigate the items in each process flow For Each item In flow.Items MsgBox "=Unsorted<--" & item.Name & " Type: " & item.Type Unsorted.Add item Next End If Next

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation