BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Toni2
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I use SAS EG 7.15 and i run data from my organisation server. Since last week or so i have found a dramatic increase in time for running the same codes. The odd thing is : when i run a code i can see in the status bar (see below the picture) the different SAS functions to change quickly (for example, data, proc sql etc.). However, when the program comes to the end and moves to the "complete" phase it takes unusual time to complete this phase. 

Picture1.png

For example, i have a file which is my set up and i use it to load libraries and formats. It used to take less than 10 sec. to run it. However, now it takes 5 min. for the same file and most of the time the status is in the "Complete" phase

Any idea, advise will be welcome

5 REPLIES 5
AlanC
Barite | Level 11
It is most likely a latency issue. See if the server moved to a new location or if you have code that calls a file that is now not local to the job.

The server also may be under load. Disk thrashing can cause wild spikes so the server could be constrained.

There isnt really much in your question to aid in diagnosis. I can give you just some guesses based upon my consulting experiences and common causes. Server or network assuming code hasnt changed.
https://github.com/savian-net
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Please contact your local sas admins, they should be able to investigate the problem further.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Set your EG to not automatically open resulting datasets and resulting output. And try to keep your logs clean and short, as those are always retrieved completely upon completion of a submit.

AlanC
Barite | Level 11
Kurt,

Along those lines, I think reviewing the logs may help. Perhaps a large number of errors, warnings, and notes are being generated suddenly causing the log to explode.
https://github.com/savian-net
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

You can add fullstimer option to the code and  check the logs. This will give an idea about the issue.

However this  is in all probability due to some change at the infrastructure level. Multiple teams may be involved. Seek the help of the SAS Administrator.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 in conversation