BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
TAG
Fluorite | Level 6 TAG
Fluorite | Level 6

I go to open a project and the only visible part of all my past work is the drop down menu of process flows (found on top "ribbon"). The project tree is empty and any process flow I choose from the drop down shows up empty. I shut down the project and go to reopen and normally after 4-5 attempts it opens with all components visible. WHAT is going on? Can somebody please help me? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Is this a really big project?

The act of opening a project should not initiate a connection to a SAS session, but if it does in your case, is the connection process slow or does it prompt you for user/password?

I recommend taking this to SAS Tech Support.  They will probably ask you to turn on Application Logging (in Tools->Options) to gather some diagnostic information.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
TAG
Fluorite | Level 6 TAG
Fluorite | Level 6

Chris,

My project is not big (not sure how to gauge size but much larger projects in the past never saw this  happen). 

I always set up projects with the first flow named 'Autoexec' where libnames, options and relevant macros and formats are run right off the bat. In this sense a sas session is initiated upon opening the project, I guess.

Thank you 🙂

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation