BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
What is the equivalent of EG 4 dll for SAS object model library in EG 4.3? The closest I got to is EGScripting.dll. Message was edited by: shoin
8 REPLIES 8
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
It's SASEGScripting.dll.

Here are several examples of EG automation:

http://support.sas.com/kb/40/781.html

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thank you Chris. One more item I want to run by you. I want to use -rtrace all rtraceloc option when EG is initialized. Am I on the wrong track here?
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
I think you are on the wrong track. The RTRACE options are for SAS.exe, so that you can see what SAS modules are loaded in a given SAS session. They have no bearing on EG at all.

Is that what you're trying to do? Add these options to the command-line startup for your SAS session? What's your objective?

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Hi Chris, well I am glad that my instincts have not rusted (I thought this was ot relevant). Anyhow, I am trying to see the load modules and when EG initializes what sequence etc it follows (just like what rtrace provides).

Also, this is unfair to you but have to ask if you heard about this: The option to generate pass-through SQL in EG does not generate the SQL correctly. EG does not generate the FROM clause correctly. The table owner needs to be included.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
EG is a .NET application. The sequence in which DLLs (assemblies) are loaded is, well, I'm not sure why you would care to know that.

The spirit behind RTRACE for SAS was so that customers who built line-of-business SAS/AF applications could optimize their SAS installation to contain only the necessary modules. (This was back when disk space was expensive, and we shipped SAS on 3.5" floppy disks!)

EG has no such support for a "subsetted" install, so outside than our own efforts to optimize performance of the app, we don't expect customers to be concerned with the module loading.

Also, I'm talking to our query expert about the passthru issue. It's likely that the library you're using for the query has a different default schema specified than the table you're trying to use in the query. Is this DB2? A workaround would be to assign a second library that references the desired schema, and then join with the table from that second schema. If you need more details, contact SAS Technical Support.

Chris
shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thank you Chris, makes sense to drop rtrace.

Regarding the Pass through all permission, schema access etc and non-passthrough were examined and all works. What we have found is that when query builder despite given schema= value omits it in its generated SQL. If one corrects that generated SQL it works.

I will pursue it with tech support.

Much thanks!
MichaelB_SAS
SAS Employee
Regarding the passthru issue, the suggestion I just asked Chris to post would be the way to get it to work if you were NOT using explicit passthru. That is, having a separate library setup each of which could access the tables you want to use.

I believe if you are using passthru you would need to actually connect with the user id which is the owner or else has the correct default schema (depending on which database you are working with).

I think there should be a way for you to get it to work unless you are trying to join data from different owners/schemas. But in any case if you're unable to get your example to work by altering the login, then please contact SAS Technical Support and we'll track the issue.
shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thank you.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation