BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Michael_Harper
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello All.

Enterprise Guide on Unix server.  I want to export the html body, contents, and frame (QC.htm) back to local computer drives - I assume as 3 tasks for the 3 html files in the Results.  Body and Contents Export successfully, but the Task to Export the frame (QC.htm) causes Enterprise Guide to stop with a fatal error.

ods html body='body.htm'

contents='contents.htm' (title="QC_Report")

frame='QC.htm' (title="QC Job_ID=&JOB_ID.")

path="/SAS_Data/User_Projects/Michael_Harper/OOA_QC_Output" (url=none);

ods noproctitle;

I can use an FTP client to transfer, but I would rather this be part of the Process Flow.

-Michael

Michael Joe Harper
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You could try the Copy Files task -- you will need to download and install it. But it can handle multiple files, wildcards, and macro expressions to build file names and paths.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I don't have a Unix machine to test this on - but it seems like I was able to use a Download Data Files to PC task from the Tasks > Data menu for this issue.

Tricia Aanderud

Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

Michael_Harper
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you Tricia. Download data files task only works with SAS datasets. These are html files inside a frame of contents.

Michael Joe Harper
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You could try the Copy Files task -- you will need to download and install it. But it can handle multiple files, wildcards, and macro expressions to build file names and paths.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Michael_Harper
Obsidian | Level 7
More software to install. That will not go over well with the team.

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
Michael Joe Harper
Michael_Harper
Obsidian | Level 7

I downloaded and installed the Copy Files Task, and it performs perfectly.  I now have a re-usable "export" task at the end of the process flow. Chris - Thank you very much.  It will be a challenge to get this installed on every EG desktop, but this works as documented.

Michael Joe Harper

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation