BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
elwayfan446
Barite | Level 11

I am trying to build a fairly simple bar chart with SAS EG 6.1.  I am a little frustrated because I don't seem to have options to do certain things.  I am trying to create a simple chart which is showing a sum of an amount by state.  I change the options to show my bars as different colors, yet they all show up in blue.  I also want to create a legend and I can't seem to find that anywhere.  Surely I am missing something and there are easier ways to customize this?

5 REPLIES 5
elwayfan446
Barite | Level 11

I switched to a color bar chart and that corrected that issue.  Still can't figure out how to create a legend based off of my states

ballardw
Super User

Show the code you are using as the options vary depending on how you created your chart.

elwayfan446
Barite | Level 11

I am not using code, just the UI in Enterprise guide. I chose the Bar Chart task  I am able to do all of the things I asked about with Active X in the HTML output, but it doesn't save my changes for future runs of the task in the project.  I have been researching how to do that.

elwayfan446
Barite | Level 11

wow this is driving me crazy.  Surely there is a solution to this Smiley Frustrated

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

SAS ITRM is a solution that uses SAS Enterprise Guide for custom reporting, and the ITRM documentation includes a nice gallery of bar charts and steps for building them.  It's fairly generic and you might find some hints within there.

Other than that, if you post a screenshot or two of what you've tried and the results, perhaps others will find it easier to help.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation