BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jcb267
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am new to Enterprise Guide (using version 6.1).  I have created a nice application and would like to deploy it inside my organization soon!  I have built in several prompts but to use these have to re-run queries - not the optimal way to do this.  Can this be changed so that queries and prompts run automatically?  Also, I need to develop a nice looking and easy to use GUI for end users.  How do I do this?

Thanks very much!

John

7 REPLIES 7
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Since EGuide is a 'nice looking GUI', I'm not sure of your question there.  Having a GUI for a GUI is a bit of a stretch.

As far as doing setup in the background, you can create a process flow called 'autoexec' and set the Tools --> options to run it at startup.  You can use that to do the queries and pre-populate the macros.  [I don't have 6.1 installed yet, so I can't tell you exactly which option it is.]

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

jcb267
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks, Duke.

I really appreciate the help!

I agree that EG is a nice looking GUI......I should have explained that better, the 'autoexec' is exactly what I am looking for.  I am sure I will have more questions since I have never used this before.........

Thanks again,

John

jcb267
Calcite | Level 5

That worked great Duke, exactly what I was looking for......

I am having one problem though, I changed the name of my process flow to Autoexec and checked off in options for it to run automatically when the file is open but it does not seem to be running everything?

John

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

May be time for a call to Tech Support.

jcb267
Calcite | Level 5

A touchy topic here......IT feels the need to control that.....

Reeza
Super User

Who are you planning to deploy this to? Other EG users or Business Staff?

If Business Staff you may want to look into the SAS Microsoft Add In and Stored Procedures that may work better.

jcb267
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Reeza -

This will first be deployed to other EG users.  We are planning to install a server version  of EG.......

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation