BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
HupaSuperstrip
SAS Employee

Hi all, 

On my Enterprise Guide someone likely switched of any further updates. I assume this is the reason why the update to 8.4 is not showing. Is there a way to revert the earlier decision to not show any updates for current version? 

Some configuration file or so?

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
ballardw
Super User

I would start at Tools>Options, click on the Start Up pane. There should be check box available to select for "Automatically check for updates". If it is empty click on the box to select the option.

I am not sure that would update to 8.4 though.

HupaSuperstrip
SAS Employee

Thanks  ballardw, 

This however did not do the trick. The box was checked.  Is this routine trying to reach some end-point?
If it does, then I check why it does not reach it. 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Internet access is required to check for updates. I assume you selected the "Check for Updates" option on the Help menu:

SASKiwi_0-1722032089561.png

You should then get this window:

SASKiwi_1-1722032205416.png

Did the "Check for Updates" menu option show for you and if so what happened when selecting it?

HupaSuperstrip
SAS Employee

Thanks SASKiwi, 
You are right this is exactly what is happening. I am on EG 8.3 and updates to EG 8.4 are available. 

I am wondering why I am not seeing the update and if possible, what can I do to get it?

Thanks

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please post the Update screen you are getting. Do you have internet access?

HupaSuperstrip
SAS Employee

Hi SASKiwi. 

Yes I have internet access (I can browse to bbc.co.uk for instance) and I am seeing the same screens you mentioned. 

HupaSuperstrip_0-1722413338054.png

and 

HupaSuperstrip_1-1722413377202.png

and to confirm my version

HupaSuperstrip_2-1722413414437.png

Thanks

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Hmm, strange. AFAIK if you have internet access then the check for updates should work. I suggest you ask SAS Tech Support about this.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation