BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SamVirgil96
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 and SAS EG 7.15, and I have been having issues with how the program displays its code. I am using a 24 inch 1920*1080 monitor, and have a 150% DPI set globally. As I open the EG everything looks nicely sharp except the code in the program window:

Capture1.PNG

The quality of the display is like I would expect on a 1280*720 monitor...But everywhere else appears clean and fitting to the screen.

Capture2.PNG

I have also been browsing through answers related to this issue and tried most of the tricks including adjusting font size, zooming, disabling DPI settings for the software. None of them seems to have resolved this particular issue. I also tried looking into this link by Casey, but nothing there I found to be pertaining to my problem. At this point, I am just wondering if I can get the code displayed in the program window as clear as the preview section under Appearance, Enhanced Editor Options, Program.

Capture3.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Have you tried using different fonts? OpenType/ClearType fonts might make a difference.

This is a really old note that I wrote in the early days of SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3, but some of the tips might still apply.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content! Submit your proposals before Sept 16. Accepted presenters get amazing perks to attend the conference!
SamVirgil96
Fluorite | Level 6
Hey Chris, thank you for your answer. I have changed my font to be 'Consolas'. Although the resolution problem was not directly resolved, I did see some improvements as to the visual quality.
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

I believe this was resolved in EG 8.1, as a result of changes to the application shell (consolidating the UI technology).

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

freshap
Fluorite | Level 6

For those who still have this problem, I may have found a solution. It worked for me on SAS 7.1 and Windows 10 at least.

So in case the ClearType trick doesn't work for you, try this instead :

Right click on the desktop => Go to display parameters => Under Scale and disposition, click on Advanced scaling parameters => Activate the "Let windows try to correct blurred applications" (it might not be the right translation, but there should be only one slider you can activate here anyway so you can't miss it).

It worked instantly for me, you just need to restart SAS Enterprise Guide (and maybe even your computer).

freshap

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation