BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LVeilleux
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm new user in SAS EG. and working with health data

My employe would like to see the list of surgeon doing 80% of the surgery volume.

I count volume by Dr

Dr

Cas

Medecin E

Medecin A

Medecin B

Medecin C

Medecin D

etc

(in this example = Medecin E and A), when they will be identify, I would need to identify in which category 80% of the volume or (for each surgeon) 

Dr

Volume

HIG_Code_Description

Medecin E

810 Palliative Care

Medecin E

654 Other/Unspecified Sepsis

Medecin E

726 Hip Replacement with Trauma/Complication of Treatment

Medecin E

026 Ischemic Event of Central Nervous System

Medecin E

810 Palliative Care

Medecin A

726 Hip Replacement with Trauma/Complication of Treatment

Medecin A

026 Ischemic Event of Central Nervous System

Medecin A

810 Palliative Care

thank you!

Line

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

Since the two example data sets don't have any count in common and you do not show what the actual output should be and it isn't clear exactly what you want 80% of, it is a tad hard to be sure this is what you want.

proc freq data= have ;
tables Dr;
weight volume;
run;

This will generate output with the Percent column showing the percent of all procedures performed by one doctor.

If this doesn't provide what you are looking for provide a little more data and what the results should be for that dummy data. It will help to provide the data in the form of a data step that reads data lines as what ever table source you pasted from takes manipulation to make nice for data.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation