BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
aj34321
Quartz | Level 8

D/All,

I got my EG upgraded from 4.1 to 7.1 and presently I'm facing a weird issue with the proc export. The issue is -

I have a dataset with all variables as Character type. (Even the numeric variables are in character format - Thats the requirement and I cannot change it back to number format). Some of the variable observations are NULL. Now when this dataset is exported into CSV format thru SAS EG 4.1 everything is good. The NULL values appear as NULL in CSV file but when exported with SAS EG 7.1 these NULL values are replaced with a period symbol ( . )

I tried using options missing = ''; but that only works on number variable. What do I write so that these Character variable appears NULL in CSV.

Experts, request your advice.

Rgds,

AK

1 REPLY 1
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
You mention PROC EXPORT, but are you really using PROC EXPORT code or are you simply using the Export task/menu from within SAS Enterprise Guide?

If using code, you have some options to control the output. If using the built-in menus (which don't generate PROC EXPORT), you might try a different technique -- such as Send To->Microsoft Excel from the data grid view.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation