BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Arsenio_Staer
Calcite | Level 5
Hey guys,

Should be a quick one for the experts here. I have SAS 9.2x32 installed with EG 4.3 all good, installation without a problem everything in order. However, patches like D18006x6.exe dont see EG 4.3 and just report that EG is not installed. PAtches like D18006wn.exe do the same thing:

SAS Enterprise Guide Version 4.3 English - Windows (32 bit) Either this package is not applicable for the current platform, or this product cannot be found on your system, so the updates contained in this bundle will not be installed. No changes need to be made. Your system is up to date

Any idea? Maybe i should some reg or .cfg settings somewhere? If you see my other threads you see that i have some problems with EG and hope patches would help the problems to disappear.

Thanks a lot!

A
4 REPLIES 4
Arsenio_Staer
Calcite | Level 5
Update:

Ran that hfaddsas app to apply all hotfixes. Downloaded hotfixes for eg 4.305 too. Installed all of them as per procedure, but...

*** SAS Enterprise Guide 4.305 (eguide)
Available Hot Fixes: C44010 C44015
Installed Hot Fixes:

The fixes still not get installed, while fixes for all other apps appear to be installed.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Are you sure that you have EG 4.305 and not the original distribution of EG (4.3)?  You might try the distributions on this page:

http://ftp.sas.com/techsup/download/hotfix/HF2/D18.html

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Arsenio_Staer
Calcite | Level 5

Tried that,

And... oops i cant seem to be able to ctrl-c to copy the output in the new layout! Although the layout is actually nice!

Basically the output is the same. The automatic hotfix thing sees EG 4.3, downloads hotfixes for it like i posted above, but once they are run they cant find EG and exit - weird.

Probably a bug picker karma, everything is not working quite correctly as it should.

Thanks for the response!

A

Arsenio_Staer
Calcite | Level 5

Hey all,

Still can't update EG 4.305 (as seen by the jar file that creates .txt for the sas update program). Anybody any idea? Or do i have to file the ticket with sas tech support 😕

thanks in advance!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation