BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Is there any way to edit the autocomplete library?
While it is a nice feature I find it makes some less than helpful completions
examples; OR is competed to ORDER by, IN is completed to INNER JOIN, both of which result in a lot of back spacing.
I have only just upgraded so no doubt there will be more to find.

Also the speed of the editor window (typing and scrolling) has become noticably slower, scrolling in particular is very slow. Is the only option to turn off the editor enhancements?
2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Adam,

There isn't a way to edit the autocomplete library. However, you can add your own abbreviations which will also play in the autocomplete feature. That doesn't address your specific examples though. The development team does continue to tune the behavior for the next version, and I believe your specific examples have been addressed.

As far as performance goes, we have a draft technical paper that provides some guidance that you can try:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/guide/blog/EditorPerformance_SASEG43.pdf

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks Chris.
I saw you can also change the complete to start on 3 char rather than 2 which at least fixes up those particular ones (IN, OR)

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation