BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SanjayM
Calcite | Level 5
Please refer post

http://support.sas.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=8022ὖ

I keep wondering many times and hence throwing this question

1. SAS is a powerful reporting tool. How do others manage in their projects where they want a value coming from database. I am sure many poeple would be having this kind of requirement.

For example: A report being run in WRS using information map. The report would shows the details of a selected product. The products should be listed in a drop down. These product code values should be picked directly from the table i.e through info map so that in a day if there are 50 products being added we should be able to generate a report for them too. I understand that these are dynamic parameters.
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
This is a feature that is frequently requested and is being implemented, I believe, for SAS 9.2 and the BI Platform built on SAS 9.2.

Dynamic and cascading parameters can be achieved, however, if you write your own custom front end to execute stored processes -- using .NET or Java or DHTML or HTML forms or .... . When I have students who really need dynamic or cascading parameters, they generally write their own front end code.

cynthia
SanjayM
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you very much

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation