BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RobK777
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm having an issue with dynamic prompts performing look ups on tables.

Libname and tables are assigned via a library and users can access the data from sas programs.  Library is pre-assigned.

Issue comes up with dynamic prompts on the same tables.  Users can open SP.  No message in EG but fields are not populated.  The prompt GUI comes up with the following message in SMC

Unable to find physical table

I have checked relevant permissions on:

- stored process

- reference tables and libraries

Any help is appreciated.

Thx,

R

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

When we pre-assign libraries in SMC we also add AssignMode = 2 under the Extended Attirbutes tab of the library properties. This ensures that any tables in that library will show in the server list or enable use in code etc without being registered. Suggest you try this with your problem.

RobK777
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks SASKiwi.

I figured it out.  Turns out it was a permissions issue on a Metadata folder.

R

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Yep that's another common problem...good to hear it's fixed.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation