BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SurajChand
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, 

Some of our users have saved their projects on SAS EG 7.1 but we still need the SAS EG 4.3 as migration task is not completed yet.

User created their profile on EG 7.1 and save their projects on this as the connected server is older one which we are using previously.

so need to revert the projects and make them usable for SAS EG 4.3.

Kindly share your opinion on same.

13 REPLIES 13
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

You may find a previous discussion on downgrading EG 5.1 and 4.3 helpful to read - https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Enterprise-Guide/Is-there-a-way-to-save-an-EG-5-1-project-in-EG-4...

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The situation as described in @MichelleHomes's link is still the case. The only workable solution I can think of is to do all of your development in EG 4.3 only and copy that into EG 7.1 to create a 7.1 project version as required.

sysapm
Calcite | Level 5

Is this still the case nearly 2years on?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

My understanding is this hasn't changed.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Can't see why this is an issue.
If you are on a middle of a migration, just don't develop projects (in the newer version) that should be shared.
Data never sleeps
smarinucci
Calcite | Level 5

In case SAS support personnel are keeping track of these threads, is backwards compatibility still an issue?  Seems like it is.  My coworker has 7.1 and I have 6.1 but we can no longer share responsibilities.  This is a major flaw in your design.

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Yes, backwards compatibility of EG projects is still not supported.  As such, we recommend to folks that collaborate with others on EG projects, to use the same EG version.

We are still considering adding support for backwards compatibility in a later project format for a later release, but it would be a large effort.

Sorry for the inconvenience this causes, and thanks for the feedback.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

Suzy_Cat
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

6 months has passed since the last update on this topic.

Any update on this issue?

Would really keen to receive any update in this area as it is very painful to switch between the versions - have to spend extra time to migrate the project created in 7.1 to 4.3 while some machine can only run the 4.3 version.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

The latest EG version is 8.1 and downgrading is not a option here either. What is the reason for being stuck on EG 4.3 on some machines? That is a seriously old version. 

Suzy_Cat
Pyrite | Level 9

Yeah I know - it is painful - EG4.3 is the only option when using remote access

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@Suzy_Cat - What sort of remote access? We remote into EG 7.15 and 8.1 without any issues.

Suzy_Cat
Pyrite | Level 9

Citrix - I already confirmed with IT department we can only use EG4.3 at this stage on remove access  😞

would be great to have the same version for sure.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

I've used more recent EG versions on Citrix so it's not an EG limitation.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 9 in conversation