BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Simon80
Calcite | Level 5

I was wondering does anyone know whether SAS Enterprise Guide 5.1 will continue to run after BASE SAS (9.3) software expires?  Also, is there a way I can find out when EG 5.1 expires?  Thanks so much for your response!

14 REPLIES 14
Reeza
Super User

probably not. Run a proc setinit; run; in a  program to see the expiry date/license.

Simon80
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Reeza!  I appreciate your response!

Reeza
Super User

Just to be clear, EG won't run without a valid version of BASE SAS.

Rereading, I realized you asked the question two different ways....

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Enterprise Guide doesn't expire the same way that SAS does. Eventually, once a version is so obsolete that SAS can't support it any more, it will die. SAS probably lists the expired versions on their web site somewhere, but I remember when the last one died, I thought "goodness, nobody can be using THAT anymore, can they?"

So you can feel secure.

Tom

Simon80
Calcite | Level 5

TomKari,

Thanks for your answer! I did find a SAS website recently that states that EG has an expiry date five to six years after its release. So it seems like it might continue to work even after BASE SAS expires...

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

As Tom and others pointed out, EG requires a connection to a licensed version of SAS -- running either local on the same PC or on a remote machine.  On its own (without this SAS connection), EG is not very useful.  Its main purpose is to facilitate your work in SAS, wherever it might be installed/running.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Linlin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Chris,

What is new with EG6.1?

Thank you!

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Guess who's coming to Ottawa next month to tell us all about it!!

Tom

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Yup!! You guys may have the world series, but the IMPORTANT stuff is happening up here!

Tom

art297
Opal | Level 21

True!  But, too bad that Ottawa is still over a year behind the "TRUE" withit user group:

Toronto Area SAS Society - September 14 2012

However, I'm sure that a lot has happened over the past year, thus am looking forward to seeing the pdfs from your presentations Smiley Happy

Linlin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Tom,

Hope you are a Red Sox fan too! Please post the presentations for us.

Thanks!

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Linlin,

There are several cool new features in EG 6.1.  Among the highlights:

- a Log summary window (Tricia discusses it here.)

- The addition of "sticky-note" style annotations in your process flow

- a new Recency, Frequency, Monetary task -- customer segmentation made easy!

- analyze your SAS programs for I18N

- a new Task Gallery to help you find exactly the task you need

- and more..

For admins/installers, there is a new standalone installer package that makes it easier to deploy just SAS Enterprise Guide on client PC machines.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 6 in conversation