Hi,

EG 5.1 on WinXP

Do this:

• Add sashelp.class to the process flow
  • RMB, Query Builder...
  • Select all variables, filter on sex = "M"
  • Change the output dataset name to WORK.MALES
  • Run

In the Process Flow, although the dataset is named WORK.MALES, the icon is named QUERY_FOR_CLASS.  The end user who asked me this question would prefer the Process Flow icons for output datasets to be named according to the dataset name rather than the label.  In addition, it would be nice if we had some control over the label, such as options to 1) no label, 2) dataset name, 3) EG default, 4) (anything else)?

What I was looking for in the options was something like Options --> Tools --> Data --> Data General --> "Use dataset names instead of dataset labels in Process Flow".  Or perhaps something similar under Query, although I think it should be under Data.  I've gone through all the options but can't see where I would accomplish this.

I know I can go into the Options for the query and change the label, but that's not what the user wants.  Besides, we already changed the dataset name; it would be nice if EG also changed the label accordingly.

The end user swears that this is different in EG 5.1 than in EG 4.x - we recently upgraded from 4.3 to 5.1.

So, is there a way to do any of the above?

Thanks,

Scott

Please post your question as a self-contained data step in the form of "have" (source) and "want" (desired results).
I won't contribute to your post if I can't cut-and-paste your syntactically correct code into SAS.
2 REPLIES 2
ScottBass
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Bump...

Even if the answer is "can't be done", it would be nice to 1) know that, and 2) why not? 😉 .  I'd like to get back to the end user with some kind of answer...

Any little birdies lurking?  This seems too trivial for a SAS Support ticket.

Please post your question as a self-contained data step in the form of "have" (source) and "want" (desired results).
I won't contribute to your post if I can't cut-and-paste your syntactically correct code into SAS.
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Hi, Scott

If nobody on the forum comes up with an answer, I wouldn't hesitate to throw it to SAS support. That's one of the ways they find out about improvements users would like in the product.

Tom

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation