BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
meb
Calcite | Level 5 meb
Calcite | Level 5

I am running SAS E-Guide 7.12 (x64) on an HP Elitebook with Windows 10 and screen resolution of 2560x1440.  Dataset and SAS programs are not displaying correcting.  I have disabled display scaling on high DPI setting, but no luck.

Any suggests on how to resolve?

SASEGuideDisplay.PNGSASEGuideDisplay1.PNGSASEGuideDisplay2.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

We are aware of this scaling issue, which occurs when the DPI settings are greater than 100%.  It is more pronounced (particularly the wide scrollbars) on higher resolution screens.  We believe it is a side-effect of the mixing of Microsoft UI technologies (WPF and Winforms).  It will be resolved in our next release.

In the meantime... 

Though I'm sure it's not desirable with your high resolution, setting the DPI to 100% should avoid the scaling issue.  Or at least reducing the DPI would make it less pronounced.

A partial workaround for the editor is to change the font size (in Program->Editor Options->Appearance tab).

Finally, you can use Ctrl+MouseWheel to zoom to a more comfortable viewing size.

(Sorry for the inconvenience.)

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

meb
Calcite | Level 5 meb
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for the feedback.  I will give your recommendations a try.  Do you happen to know when the next release is scheduled to come out?

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Do you happen to know when the next release is scheduled to come out?

It is too early to provide a reasonable estimate.  I can only say it is quite a ways out.

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

This one (the unsightly scaling of the editor and data grid in DPI settings higher than 100%) bothered me enough that I took a closer look this afternoon.  I made better progress debugging than I expected and found a promising fix that we could probably provide before the next full release.  There is a little more work to do, but I'm reasonably optimistic we can have this addressed in the first 7.15 update (7.15 HF1), which will likely be released mid to late December (next month).  I'll post back later with confirmation one way or the other.

UPDATE: I pushed the fix today, confirming that it will be addressed in EG 7.15 HF1, available next month.

Note: The fix addresses the main issue...  the over-scaling of the editor (text and scrollbars too large) and the data grid (scrollbars too large).  It does not address the issue with the data grid row height not adjusting to the larger font size (thus tops or bottoms of some values might be clipped in higher resolutions and DPI) -- a separate issue we'll investigate as well.  For now, it can be worked around by zooming (ex. Ctrl+MouseWheel).

Casey

P_Krist
Calcite | Level 5

I have just upgraded to running Windows 10 (using VmWare fusion).  Prior to this upgrade, I had no problems, but I am having the tiny icon huge text issue. I am using EG 7.15 HF3.  Please advise.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

What hardware are you using? I had this problem with a Windows 10 laptop running EG 7.15 and connected to an external monitor with the screen scaling set to 150%. Switching back to 100% and rebooting the laptop fixed the problem.

P_Krist
Calcite | Level 5
Appreciate the suggestion. The monitor I am running Windows 10 on was set
at 350%. I went back to factory settings, and everything (as in all apps,
all screen displays) is showing extremely tiny (can't read them). I reset
for 200% and once again everything else looks fine, but SAS has the small
icon large font issue. In case this is any help diagnostically, the open
screen for SAS is really small.

Thanks!
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you open a track with SAS Tech Support for this.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation