BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bream_bn
Fluorite | Level 6

Is it possible to deploy an entire EG project as a stored process? I would like to use the layout of EG to develop my program and then be able to call it remotely. I know I can export all the code into a single file but this does not preserve the conditional statements I have created.  ex

4 REPLIES 4
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Not as a SAS Stored Process.  The SAS Stored Process is a server application and EGuide is run on a Windows Client.

bream_bn
Fluorite | Level 6

So are EG projects only able to run through the EG application and as scheduled by the EG application?

Chuy
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Bream,

Yes it is possible to deploy an entire EG project, just not at the project level. You will have to do it at the Process Flow level.  With careful

planning it can be done, especially if you have several Process Flows in one project.

Also, as you have identified not everything that you create in EG, i.e. GUI, such as the condition statements, which I assume you

created by point-and-click, don't export out or can't be included in a Stored Procedure. See screen shots to see my point.  The first

one shows the message you will receive when you attempt to create stored process by right-clicking on the Process Flow. The

second image shows that while there is an export created from GUI (and works fine), you cannot export it as code. This is

because it's part of EG/SAS Integration Technologies, built in . . . that's why you are not given a choice to export it as code in the second

image.

Hope this makes sense.

-Chuy

EG43a.jpgEG43b.jpg

bream_bn
Fluorite | Level 6

Essentially my project is a Stored Process and I would like to keep the logical parts to my project split up like you can do within Enterprise Guide. I see that you can right click the process flow and create a Stored Process but then you would have to do that anytime you modify any part of the process flow from which you created the Stored Process. This though may be the method that I need to follow in order to get the functionality I am looking for.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation