BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Pepijn
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

I'm a vivid user of the EG GUI en wizards and not so much a code guy. I knew my way around EG 7.1 very well but i'm still having some trouble getting back to the speed I had with building query's in 8.3.

One of the reasons is that a new tab is opened every time I create a new query builder. In the options under Results - General - Display results - Default tab to display: I have 'Current tab'. When I run an existing query builder, it turns yellow, green, finishes and nothing happens, perfect. But when I create a new query builder and press run or save and close, a new tab opens and focus switches to that tab... (I also tried turning "Move focus to the tab that is displayed" off, doesn't change anything)

Is this as designed? Am i missing something? I don't want anything to open automatically, not even a new tab. Why would I want to look at a table, code or log when there are no errors or warnings anyway? I know what my output looks like, I just created it. most of the time it's thousands of records and if I want to verify the output quality I will make a new query builder and use a count/sum/distinct etc to verify.

Update:

I thought i found it!... But it didn't work 😓
The setting under the Options - Data - Performance menu: When output tables are genered, automatically open: last table, first table, no table

It seemed to work, but I think I modified an existing query builder, that's when the new tab won't open.

But when a new output table is created it always opens, it just want EG to do nothing 😔

I hope someone understands my frustration, and I hope i'm just missing some sort of option combination

Pepijn

2 REPLIES 2
Pepijn
Fluorite | Level 6

140 views but no reply's. I understand that no one has the solution, but I am guessing no one has a problem with this behavior as well?. Or atleast does not share my frustration. Maybe I'll contact SAS directly and suggest it as a bug.

cbustama
Calcite | Level 5

I definitely share your frustration.   Multiple useless tabs just creates a lot of noise with no substance.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation