BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Malarkey
Obsidian | Level 7

forAll -

I'm new to EG - using EG 5.1.  I've been using base SAS for a loooonnnngg time, so maybe I'm missing something in the translation...

I'm trying to set EG up so my boss can use it.  He LOVES the characterize data task, but the univariate report output for date fields only shows a two digit year.  As a work-around, I tried just making the datasets and using the list report task.  When I do that, the date fields just print the SAS date number.  Is there a way to apply a format in the list report task?  Or to change the date format in the characterize data task?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Malarkey,

Yes, you can change the formats in the List Report task.  On page 2 of the wizard, select Edit and then Column Formats.  You'll then have a window that allows you to specify formats for each of the columns in your report.

lrf.png

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Malarkey
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks, Chris!

The problem is, if I do that for the output from the characterize task, proc univariate, the non-date fields end up as dates.  I suppose I could add a task to split the univariate file into dates and non-dates and then do a list report...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation