BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mmagnuson
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

This is a rather strange question but hopefully someone has an answer or thought.

I've been exporting data to a specific file location multiple times a day, overwrite the data and export it to Salesforce. Throughout the year there have been multiple edits to values, columns etc. and the export has always shown the changes.

There was an issue with logic in the query where new calculations were needed for two weeks in the year that I edited yesterday. For example, for the week of 5/24 instead of the Sum of Column 1 being 8 it needs to be 16. When I filter the final data table in SAS it shows as 16, however, when I export the data then re-import it into a new SAS query the value shows as 8.  

Are there any thoughts/reasons why the value changes from the final data table vs the export?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mmagnuson
Quartz | Level 8

Hi everyone, 

Thanks so much for chiming in. I went through some of the different columns to see where the disconnect was and it was due to the data needing to be formatted. The final data table showed 1.25 but it was being exported/imported as 1 which was throwing the differences off.  I made a data change on the last query builder to ensure that it exporting/imported the same way and now it does.

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

Either you exported the input sas dataset of your run or

you have exported it in a different name then the one you just imported or

exported it to a different path.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@mmagnuson

There's really no way to answer this unless you show us your code and a portion of the data.

--
Paige Miller
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Given the logic you're presenting, I can't think of any explanation other than that there is an error somewhere in your chain of code.

Troubleshoot each step. Some specific suggestions:

Make sure you're actually creating a new file on the export, and not leaving the old file in place.

A related thought is that a lot of people (myself included) don't like overwriting an output file as part of this kind of process, since you lose all ability to troubleshoot. I suggest either writing each new file to a new filename, or rename your old file before you write a new one.

Good luck, and let us know what happens.

Tom

mmagnuson
Quartz | Level 8

Hi everyone, 

Thanks so much for chiming in. I went through some of the different columns to see where the disconnect was and it was due to the data needing to be formatted. The final data table showed 1.25 but it was being exported/imported as 1 which was throwing the differences off.  I made a data change on the last query builder to ensure that it exporting/imported the same way and now it does.

Thanks again!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation