BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
YellowDuck
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All -

I just realized that SAS Enterprise Guide has data mining capability under "Task". I would like to have documentation about 1) how to prepare data for data mining and 2) how to use this data mining option in Enterprise Guide.

Does anyone has suggestion about web sites, documents, or anything?

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Those tasks are only available if SAS Enterprise Miner is installed and licensed:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/miner/index.html

YellowDuck
Calcite | Level 5

Yeah, you are right. I tired these tasks and did not work ...

Reeza
Super User

EM gives you some options not available in Base SAS but SAS/STAT does offer a lot of options for analysis. The automated model comparison for models is great. 

Things EM does that base doesn't (subset) : ensemble models, neural networks, decision tree, market basket analysis, and text analytics. 

YellowDuck
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Reeza,

Thank you for your message.

I learned that SAS/STAT seems to let me use high performance procedures that let me do some data mining including decision tree etc. Do you know if there is any references and documentation available about these high performance procedures? To be clear, my company and I don't have enterprise miner ....

Thank you

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You can learn a lot more about the Data Mining tasks, plus data mining techniques (not all of which require Enterprise Miner), from the Ask the Expert series.  These are live and on-demand webinars -- free, and well worth your time.

Data Mining Tasks with SAS Enterprise Guide

This session covers SAS Rapid Predictive Modeler and model scoring. It also covers recency, frequency, and monetary analysis.

Watch on-demand
Model Selection Techniques in SAS Enterprise Guide & SAS Enterprise Miner   

This presentation will answer the what, why and how on model selection. We will take a look at criterion and techniques used for model selection. Why is it important? And why should it be on your list of activities when doing predictive modeling? How to do model selection using SAS® Enterprise Guide® and SAS® Enterprise Miner™? This presentation will include examples for both SAS products.

Watch on-demand
Variable Selection Using SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Enterprise Miner   

This session addresses the what, why, and how for variable selection. You learn how to do variable selection using SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Enterprise Miner and discover why variable selection is important in predictive modeling.

Register for live event Watch on-demand
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
YellowDuck
Calcite | Level 5

Hi -

Thank you for your suggestions! I also learned that Enterprise Guide's SAS/STAT modul has high performance procedures that let me create decision tree and work on rundom forast etc. My company does not use Enterprise Minor but at least your videos and high performacne procedures give me a good start.

Thanx!

drhitesh85
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I can see PROC HPBNET working on EG. Is that normal, all high performance procedures can be run on Base SAS?

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

If your SAS environment has the installed/licensed products (SAS Enterprise Miner in this case), then you can run program code for those procs from any client application that can access the SAS session.

So if you have SAS Enterprise Miner, yes -- you could run PROC HPBNET from within SAS Enterprise Guide.  But there is not a built-in task for it -- so you're on your own for code setup and execution.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation