BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Linus( 😉 ) and others,

I have a job which extracts 10 million from an ORA table and loads it into a SAS dataset. When I ran teh job without DBSLICE this took 15 min.

Next I ran the same job with DBSLICE option(my condition was fetch 1- 500000 in one thread and 500001 - 10 million in second thread). This time teh job took 19 minutes.

I tried using DBSLICE in base SAS. There it is working just fine. I can see good improvement in performance as and when I increase the number of threads.

Not sure if in DI studio, why this is behaving this way.
3 REPLIES 3
deleted_user
Not applicable
I ran the same job with 3 threads and the job ran for 21 min.

Im using Table Options in "ORA source table" in DI studio to set DBSLICE param. The condition I'm using is

DBSLICE=("COL_1<3000000" "COL_1>=3000000 and COL_1<6000000" "COL_1>=6000000")
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Tough one.
First, when running jobs from DI Studio, it is a matter of executing SAS programs through a workspace or a batch server. Having said that, when you say ".. DBSLICE in Base SAS.", do you mean through a DMS SAS session, or a source editor window in DI Studio, or...?

So, you have to figure out what's different between how you run your code. This involves comparing programs, logs, options settings (system, Libname and optional table/data set). I'm afraid that doing this type of analysis the Forum is not the best suited arena. If you need further help, SAS support might be your best friend.

/Linus
Data never sleeps
deleted_user
Not applicable
Raised a ticket with Tech support. Lets see what they say.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation