BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Victor
Calcite | Level 5
Hello

I developed a couple of custom tasks and it works fine. But until now, i made only modal forms.

I need now to make a modeless form. I'm a trying to use the ISASTask2 interface without success.

Can any body help me

Thank's
7 REPLIES 7
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Victor,

I don't advise using the modeless forms with EG, where you can interact with the task form and the EG application windows at the same time. It's very tricky to keep your task in sync with the EG application.

This "mode" (enabled only by using an option on the Tools->Options dialog) was developed with some SAS tasks in mind, but those tasks were since refactored to behave in a modal way.

In EG 4.2, the application UI is different enough that the "modeless" option has been removed.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Victor
Calcite | Level 5
Ok

Thank's
Victor
Calcite | Level 5
Hello

I got a another question.

Actualy, i'm using Visual Studio 2003 to develop the Custom Tasks for Enterprise Guide 4.1.

When i'll change to Enterprise Guide 4.2, do i have to migrate my Custam Tasks ?

Do i have to migrate Visual Studio from 2003 to 2005 or 2007 ?

Thank's
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
No, you won't have to migrate your tasks for EG 4.2. They should work without modification.

But you will be able to create custom tasks in VS2008 (even the free express editions) if you want. I can't wait!

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
Hey Chris
Tell me more! Could you point me to some docu/papers please?
I'm an experience SAS'er (I think so at least) and I have some experience with VS2005.
What you mention here sounds very interesting.
Cheers, Patrick
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Patrick,

We'll have more information and examples when we ship EG 4.2 early next year. We have a number of improvements for those seeking to create custom tasks, including a toolkit that makes the job easier, and enhanced APIs to provide more access to information in your EG project.

Plus, since EG 4.2 uses the .NET 2.0 runtime, you will be able to build custom tasks that target .NET 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5 - including using features such as WPF and LINQ, if you want.

Chris
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
Hi Chris
Tks for the info.
Cheers, Patrick

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation