BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sasuser381
Obsidian | Level 7

I made this abbreviation called example: 

CASE WHEN t1.INFORMATION_DT=&DATE_T0 THEN 'T0'

But, autocomplete won't work, when i type example, it won't show up, but when i start typing CASE and hit enter, it runs this macro, and this is not what i want.

How can i disable autocomplete only for this custom macro abbrevations? 
In that way, i will prevent running this macro every time i start typing CASE WHEN, and i will be able to use ctrl + shift + b to choose abbreviation from a list.

I use SAS EG 7.14. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

What exact version of EG do you have (the version listed in EG's Help->About box)?  (There is no EG 7.14.)

I have not been able to reproduce what you described in EG 7.15 HF3.  I created an abbreviation macro with the name "example" and the text you provided below.  In an empty editor, when I start typing "example", the abbreviation macro appears in the syntax suggestion popup and works as expected (inserts the text).  However, if I first type "proc sql; select " and then type "example" (in the select statement), the abbreviation macro does not appear in the syntax suggestion popup.  Ctrl+Shift+B will bring up the list with the EXAMPLE abbreviation macro available and I confirmed it works.  If I type "CASE" after "proc sql; select " and then hit enter, it does not run the abbreviation macro for me.

Please provide as simple code as possible (and instructions) that you are able to use to reproduce, so I can attempt to reproduce.

Thanks,

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

What exact version of EG do you have (the version listed in EG's Help->About box)?  (There is no EG 7.14.)

I have not been able to reproduce what you described in EG 7.15 HF3.  I created an abbreviation macro with the name "example" and the text you provided below.  In an empty editor, when I start typing "example", the abbreviation macro appears in the syntax suggestion popup and works as expected (inserts the text).  However, if I first type "proc sql; select " and then type "example" (in the select statement), the abbreviation macro does not appear in the syntax suggestion popup.  Ctrl+Shift+B will bring up the list with the EXAMPLE abbreviation macro available and I confirmed it works.  If I type "CASE" after "proc sql; select " and then hit enter, it does not run the abbreviation macro for me.

Please provide as simple code as possible (and instructions) that you are able to use to reproduce, so I can attempt to reproduce.

Thanks,

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sasuser381
Obsidian | Level 7

I tried it in an empty editor, and then it runs the macro abbreviation after typing "case".
I should  have done that after "proc sql; select". Now it is ok.
So that was what i wanted. Thank you Casey.

The other problem that remains is that it still won't show up in syntax suggestions. 

I use SAS EG 7.11. HF3

Thanks,

Nada

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation