BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Djreese
SAS Employee

Hi everyone,

I have a EG 7.1 user who wants to create a SAS view that can contain Ordered Analytical Functions (aka Window Functions), which are not available in SAS.  Does anyone know if it can be done and, if so, the code required to do so?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

SAS usually uses BY groups to accomplish this in a datastep.

I don't think you can replicate it directly in Proc SQL. If you can use pass through then you may be able to use the windowing functions but I don't know if that's possible in a view.

So basically - you can't use window functions directly, but there are other ways to achieve the same thing in SAS.

Djreese
SAS Employee

Thank you Reeza. I'm not familiar enough with using pass through but will research further.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

No.  Put you can create a data step view and so get any level of complexity you want.

data want/ view=want ;
   set have ;
run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation