BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Abelp9
Quartz | Level 8

I have a stored process with this code;

PROC SQL;

CREATE TABLE DDC.OUTPUTQ AS

SELECT DOS

FROM WORK.THINGS;

QUIT;

When I execute the stored process from excel through the sas addin, it generates a sheet with the content of the DDC.OUTPUTQ table, how can I do so that it does not generate any table in the excel file without passing the DDC.OUTPUTQ table to a temp table? It is mandatory that the table is created in the DDC library and that when executing the stored process in excel it does not create a sheet with the content of this table

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @Abelp9 
Here is a test stored process that you can create and run in Excel (AMO installed)

libname mylib "/home/myuid";
proc sql noprint;
create table mylib.mytable as
select * from sashelp.class;
quit;

It will only create the table mytable in /'home/myuid'.The only thing you would see in excel is "Stored_process_name" executed at  date:time.
There will be no other output in your excel.
You should be able to execute this stored process with Rest-API too.

@Kurt_Bremser has pointed out there must be something in your code that is sending data to excel.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Try this

PROC SQL noprint;
CREATE TABLE DDC.OUTPUTQ AS
SELECT DOS
FROM WORK.THINGS;
QUIT;
Abelp9
Quartz | Level 8

I have tried but "noprint" does is that it doesn't appear as output in SAS but in the file it keeps coming out. Thanks for your answer

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @Abelp9 
Here is a test stored process that you can create and run in Excel (AMO installed)

libname mylib "/home/myuid";
proc sql noprint;
create table mylib.mytable as
select * from sashelp.class;
quit;

It will only create the table mytable in /'home/myuid'.The only thing you would see in excel is "Stored_process_name" executed at  date:time.
There will be no other output in your excel.
You should be able to execute this stored process with Rest-API too.

@Kurt_Bremser has pointed out there must be something in your code that is sending data to excel.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation