BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
_JonT
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello SAS Community

Although programming in Base for many years, I am (perhaps surprisingly) a recent convert to Enterprise Guide. Am currently using v7.12 HF7 (7.100.2.3491) (64-bit)

I like the flow diagram of a project, knowing that this reduces the need for much documentation explaining the flow of any project. I am a documentation fanatic!

I use formats extensively for memory resident lookups In my translation code. I hardly ever use them for reporting as that is not where I’m at currently.

As a habit, I always look to create an informat of the same name as the format that I have just created, with a view that if I want to go one way, I may want to reverse that translation using the same route

I don’t see anyway of specifying an informat in the format create box, nor do I see anyway of creating said informat from the menu bar. Yes I could do this in custom code, but it seems that a small option (create informat) dialog box is missing.

Any suggestions? I could be missing the obvious (hope) – done that plenty of times.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Hi, Jon

I am a huge EG fan, but I'm sad to admit I think you're correct. I can't see a way to create an informat using the tasks in EG.

I hope you won't let that stop you from using the product. Putting your informat creation code into a code node is the best workaround I can think of.

Tom

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Hi, Jon

I am a huge EG fan, but I'm sad to admit I think you're correct. I can't see a way to create an informat using the tasks in EG.

I hope you won't let that stop you from using the product. Putting your informat creation code into a code node is the best workaround I can think of.

Tom

_JonT
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you Tom. This is confirmation indeed. No I'm a great fan of EG and am forging on!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation