BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DEBE
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, is it possible to create a html with a input field...or perhaps with a checkbox field, where some variables can be checked and these values get associated with a macro or perhaps with into :variable?

I have EG and not many rights...i would like to store the html in C:Test..whatever and not on a server or elsewhere.

Google shows me some results, but there are many with stored processes..i would like to get the thing first done on a very simple way.

So 1. HTML...2. get the Values which are typed in or can be selected with a checkbox.

7 REPLIES 7
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Creating a HTML page for input, and then run SAS code depending on that input, is the job for SAS stored processes, as you need an interface between the HTML user agent (the browser) and SAS, and that's what the SAStoredProcess webapp (via SAS Web Server and SAS Web Application Server) does.

A .html file on your PC won't have any means to access SAS on the server.

AlanC
Barite | Level 11

Kurt,

You can access SAS outside of this but the general point is taken. You do not have to go back to SAS through their defined means to get to a SAS executable. You can also use IOM and do it via alternatives like ASP.NET, Node.js, et al.

SAS stored processes is a means of doing it but it is not required. It is just simpler for most SAS users.

https://github.com/savian-net
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Not easily.  Why are you wanting this?  Is it just to get macro items into your code, then use EG prompts.

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings13/028-2013.pdf

If its more complex than that then you need to look at some sort of server backend with stored processes:

http://support.sas.com/rnd/itech/doc9/dev_guide/stprocess/index.html

I suspect if your not the admin this isn't what you would be looking at anyways, and that your problem is a lot simpler.  Perhaps supply a use case?

DEBE
Calcite | Level 5

I know how to work with prompts, but at this point i dont need them.

The layout for now is very simple.

1. You can input Name,Cars etc. and "Name" "Cars" need to be stored.

or

2. Name and Cars can be checked, in this "case" Name would be stored.

Im not sure how to start on that and if there is another way, but the best way would be a HTML file, so that a user can check it.

testwin.jpg

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

That's exactly what user defined prompts do. Don't reinvent the wheel.

If you need something for "simple" users to work semi-automatically with SAS (without EG in the middle), then the stored processes and their web-interface are the way to go.

DEBE
Calcite | Level 5
I know that prompts can do that...but i need some page or whatever, so that a user from elsewhere can put some values in and these values i need to get.

So i need the stored processes? Is there a good guide out there?

But the HTML needs than be put to a webserver, or can someone from outside get access to the HTML?
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

The "user from elsewhere" is the person that executes the sas program after he/she "put some values in"?

If not: why can't the "user from elsewhere" write the values in an text-file?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation