BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
laura_m
Calcite | Level 5

I have customer feedback survey data and attrition data. I'm trying to understand if low customer service scores are correlated with higher rates of attrition. It's been a while since I've had the opporunity to do this kind of analysis, and I need some help getting started. Any recommendations on SAS procedures to look into? 

A couple of notes about the data: 

- Customer scores are discrete from 1-10 (1=not at all satisfied to 10=completely satisfied, with no qualitative "value" being assigned to ratings 2-9)

- The data I have gives the average monthly customer satisfaction score by retail location; due to changes in the survey methods, I'm looking at Mar 2016 - Nov 2016. Each month's score is reported as YTD, so April's score is the sample that was collected from both March & April; May's score is March & April & May, etc. Initially I was looking at doing a timeseries analysis, but because the scores "build" on each other each month, I think it makes the most sense to use just the most recent month... but feel free to disagree. 

- The attrition value is net number of customers gained/lost, so it can be positive or negative

- I'm interpreting this data at the store level

1 REPLY 1
Damien_Mather
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I would recommend proc glmselect, which is at the heart of the predictive regression models task in SAS Studio. The distribution of your dependent, response or target variable is a convolution of several processes that is likely to have some strange distribution that would not meet the usual gaussian/normal residual assumption required for ordinary least squares regression provided by proc reg. If you have enough (aggregated) observations to be able to afford a sampling split into training and validation data that would yield the most reliable inferences, otherwise use AICC as the selection criteria, and allow the store hierarchy to be split up for model selection.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation