BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
elwayfan446
Barite | Level 11

Hello,

I am referencing an old blog post by @ChrisHemedinger regarding copying of entire process flows from one project to another.  I've seen in the comments where people have had trouble doing this but it has been a couple of years since the last reply.

https://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2015/07/08/copy-process-flow-enterprise-guide/?unapproved=251...

I am able to copy a process flow over, but in order to see the tasks in side, I have to close the project and open it again.  The tasks appear but the entire layout is messed up.  I have so many tasks in that flow that taking the time to rearrange it is not really an option.  Has anyone else experienced this and figured out a way to copy the flow in its original format?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Why not copy the project and make changes to the copy?

By 'messed up'...did you have auto-arrange on?

I just think that if you've got a process flow with 'so many tasks' that a restructuring of the project is in order. Otherwise, how will you cross-train someone?
elwayfan446
Barite | Level 11

I have several process flows in this project.  I was simply trying to use the copy/paste feature that was created for EG 7.1 rather than having to save an entire copy of the project over another.  My projects are heavily documented and organized so cross training is not an issue.

tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
So what's your goal with copying a complex flow from one project to another? What would be different in the destination project? I find it better to make modules rather than copy complicated code (which then becomes a maintenance nightmare). If the purpose of the copy is to include some tweeks/enhancements/embellishments why not just include them into the original with the existing conditions made into defaults?
brookeewhite1
Quartz | Level 8

You might want to right-click on the Project Tree, and select Collapse All.  Then, make sure there is at least some white space at the bottom below where all your process flows are listed. If not, you may need to expand the screen real estate dedicated to your project tree.  Once you have available white space, right click, and hopefully Paste will appear as an option instead of being grayed out. 

paste here in the white space.PNG

This is how it's working for me anyway, and since I finally figured it out, I wanted to share.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation