BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I have trouble connecting to the software. It says:
You are currently not connected to the SAS Server. You must be connected to perform processing. Your connection might have failed because of one of the following reasons:
You chose not to connect at this time.
your SAS OnDemand license has expired.
The SAS server might be down for maintenance.
You do not have a valid connection.

I just recently install this software for academic use. I'm connected to the internet and i don't think the SAS server is down for maintenance at this moment, because it gave me the same error everytime i open the software.
thanks,
Mandy
3 REPLIES 3
RichardH_sas
SAS Employee
Did you install SAS locally (i.e. on your PC), or are you going to be running the SAS code on a server machine other than your computer?

If you installed SAS locally, you may need to set EG so that it's not trying to use a server connection. Select Tools / Options / Administration and click the Modify button. Highlight and click Set Active. If that doesn't work, ensure SAS has been installed and that you can lauch SAS separately (you should see sas.exe in C:\Program Files\SAS 9.2\SASFoundation\9.2 or wherever the installer put things).

If you have SAS on a server, you probably don't have the connection information correctly stored. Same path as above to get to the connections window, but you would then Add or Modify the connection with the correct machine name and port for the metadata server. Your SAS administrator can help you with those values.
deleted_user
Not applicable
I installed SAS on my PC. I selected Tools/Options and I couldn't find /Administration/Modify button.
I'm using SAS Enterprise Guide 4.2 (4.22.0.9238) OD.
I tried to submit this issue to SAS Support as well, but couldn't obtain a Site Number.
RichardH_sas
SAS Employee
First step: I would check C:\Program Files\SAS 9.2\SASFoundation\9.2 to see if SAS is installed. If you see sas.exe, double-click on it and make sure it successfully launches. You can just close out once you see the initial windows. If SAS doesn't launch, you'll probably need to get it reinstalled. If there's no folder mentioned above, it may be SAS was not installed correctly or it was installed in a non-default location (which is okay, but may requie a bit more sleuth work).

I went kind of fast through the connection profile stuff, sorry! If SAS is working as described above, go into Enterprise Guiden, select the Tools menu, and choose Options. On the left side of the screen is the selection pane. The very last item on the left should be Administration -- click on that. From the Administration selection, you should now see a Modify button in the upper-right of the screen, click that and it will allow you to modify the connection profile. From the Connection window, click on from the list of profiles in the middle of the screen and click the Set Active button on the right, if possible. If SAS and EG are talking to each other (which they should be), that will do it.

You can access your site number from Enterprise Guide by selecting Help / About SAS Enterprise Guide. If the tricks above don't work, I would definitely recommend contacting Tech Support. You're welcome to call them if you'd like, and by phone they can always talk you through how to figure out your site number if needed.

http://support.sas.com/techsup/contact/

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation