BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SergeiKlinsmann
Calcite | Level 5

I'm trying to use proc sql to connect to a db2 database. For some reason SAS tells me that in the statement connect to db2 (ssid=somessid); the ssid= option is illegal. I also tried to give SAS the option options DB2SSID=somessid; but I also get an error about the DB2SSID option being unrecognized. The code works fine in normal SAS. How do I fix this?

1 REPLY 1
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

When you are using the explicit pass through method, you are required to code all options you already did with a libname.

A new separate connection is build and nothing is shared from previous ones (unless you are using dedicated options).
Both approaches are part of normal SAS. Documented with SAS/ACCESS.  What are you using?

With Easy common standard SQL there is no need to code a "connect to", all is translated by SAS as an implicit pass through processing.  

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation